Genshin Impact hasn't introduced a permanent mini-game since fishing in Version 2.1. However, characters such as Arataki Itto and Kamisato Ayato have mentioned that a trading card game, Genius Invokation, exists in Teyvat. Recently, Genshin Impact leakers have indicated that this TCG may be added to the game soon as a permanent playable feature.
Details about Genius Invokation TCG: Genshin Impact's trading card game.
According to @Ubatcha on Twitter, you can expect these things from Genius Invokation TCG:
- The game starts like five-card draw poker. Each player draws five cards. You then have the opportunity to re-draw any number of the five cards in your hand. After re-drawing, you'll choose one card to be your Active Character.
- At the moment, not every playable character in Genshin Impact has a character card. The leaker has also not provided a list of characters that do have cards, since they believe this list can and likely will change before the trading card game is finalized.
- Each round begins with players rolling eight elemental dice. Players then take turns performing actions before the round is finished and both players draw two cards each.
- There are eight elemental dice because an "omni" element dice will allow the player to use it as if it were any of the other elements.
- There are many opponents available to us, including playable characters. Fischl and Cyno were mentioned by the leaker by name.
- Cyno specifically can be challenged in a friendly match and a serious match.
- There will be weekly challenges as well as ascension challenges. What rewards players can expect from completing these challenges is unclear.
- There will be around 220 playable cards, including 25 character cards from the current playable character pool. Some cards will be Golden Character cards. It's unclear what makes a Golden Character card special.
- There will be different difficulty levels.
- You will be able to gain proficiency with character cards.
- Finally, though the leaker originally tweeted that the card game would arrive in Version 3.2, his sources now indicate Genius Invokation TCG will be added to Genshin Impact in Version 3.3 at the earliest.
In a second series of tweets, @Ubatcha on Twitter clarified further:
- You choose three character cards at the beginning of the game, then choose one of those characters to be your Active Character. The five cards drawn at the beginning of the game do not include character cards.
- Cyno is not the only character that will have different difficulty levels.
- A few special enemies, like field bosses, will have their own cards that can be used like a character card.
- The goal of the game is to defeat your opponents three characters.
- The actions you can take during your turn are:
- Use your active character's skills
- Switch your active character
- Play a card from your hand
- Discard a card from your hand to change the elemental type of one of your elemental dice.
- End turn
- Elemental reactions will be included in the card game. You can apply an element to an enemy character by dealing elemental damage, than attack the enemy character again with a different element to trigger the reaction.
If you want to learn more about leaks of other upcoming content, check out Genshin Impact leak showcases possible underground exploration of Sumeru’s desert area and Genshin Impact leaks tease Scaramouche’s possible new character design here at Pro Game Guides.